Hello everyone, it's Anita here today.
I thought I would share a tutorial on how to make a lunch bag card. These have been around awhile but if you're somewhat new to papercrafting then you may not be familiar with them. They are so easy to make and you can include little gifts in the pouches, if you like.
Supplies you will need:
Brown paper lunch bag (mine measures 5 1/4" x 10 3/4". These are the inexpensive lunch bags you can pick up at the grocery store that come 50 or 100 to a package.
Cardstock and 3 coordinating designer papers
Twine or ribbon (optional)
Your choice of stamps and diecuts for embellishing
1. Fold the bottom of the lunch bag at 3 1/2" and cut 2" from the top (opening) of the bag. Your bag will now measure about 5 1/8" x 5 1/8".
2. Cut 3 pieces of cardstock to measure 5 1/8" x 3 1/2", 5 1/8" x 5 1/8", and 4 3/4" x 4 3/4". Cut the designer paper to measure 5" x 3 3/8", 5" x 5", and 4 5/8" x 4 5/8". Keep in mind that bag sizes may vary so you may need to adjust the sizes of your papers.
3. Adhere all designer paper to the cardstock. Use a circle punch or Nestabilitie to cut a notch at the top of the bag. Adhere the paper to the front of the "pocket" and to the front of the lunch bag.
4. Apply adhesive to only the edges of the inside of the "pocket" and then adhere the pocket to the front of the lunch bag.
5. Decorate the 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" card panel as you wish. I stamped a sentiment from the CC Designs Webbie's Words Spring With A Side Of Chocolate Rubber Stamps set and added a butterfly from the CC Designs Cutters Butterfly Border Die. I left room below the sentiment to write a special message to the recipient, and tied some twine to the top of this panel. This panel slips into the back "pocket" of the lunch bag and this pocket is fairly big so you would have plenty of room to include a little gift if you chose.
6. I decorated the front of the lunch bag using:
7. Insert the seed packets in the front pocket and this card is ready to be given to a special friend.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you give one of these easy lunch bag cards a try. Thank you for stopping by!